Grow Exeter | Sep 17, 2018 | 0
6 Ways to Enjoy a More Comfortable Retirement
The difference between people who enjoy a successful retirement and those who don’t is whether they sufficiently plan for it.
Now’s the ideal time to address the gaps in your retirement planning using these six steps:
1. First, consider what retirement means to you:
● When will it be?
● Will you retire gradually or just stop?
● What will your ideal life look like?
● What strikes you about others who
2. Second, assess your current financial position.
3. Third, think how your financial future is likely to look based on your current position and allowing for anticipated future changes.
4. The fourth step is to address any shortfall:
● Can you invest more into pensions and ISAs?
● Are you overpaying for existing pensions and investment plans?
● Does your investment risk match your financial goals?
5. Fifth, discuss priorities and timescales with your partner. Discussing retirement early can avoid relationship strains later and provide the opportunity for compromises where expectations differ.
6. Finally, take advice and talk with someone who is experienced in helping others live their ideal retirement lifestyle.
Andrew Neligan is a Chartered and Certified Financial Planner and owner of Neligan Financial